- Visiting address: Yliopistokatu 6 A
- Postal address: P.O.Box 146, FI-80101 Joensuu
- Telephone (during the opening hours of the reading room): +358 29 533 7160
- 1.9.–31.12. Wednesday–Friday 9 am–4 pm.
- 20.9.–13.12. extended opening hours every other Wednesday from 9am-6pm on even weeks.
- The branch and the reading room are closed
- on Independence Day 6.12.
- week 52 (27.-29.12.)
Delivery of material
- Material is delivered to the reading room on Wednesdays and Thursdays 9 am–11 am and 12 noon–3 pm.
- Public transportation: The nearest local and long-distance bus stops are at the Natural Resources Institute Finland and the University. Those coming from Lappeenranta and Imatra are recommended to get off at the city centre.
- Local transport lines and timetables.
- Parking: The parking area of the university library is about 50 metres from the archives (note that a parking disc is required).
The main entrance is suitable for people with reduced mobility. By ringing the bell, the staff will open the front doors to their full width, if necessary.
The interior is accessible. The accessible toilet is on the entrance floor. Guide dogs are allowed.
- break room
- there are several lunch cafés in the university area
- luggage lockers