What materials do we not have?
- Mostly, municipalities, towns and joint municipal authorities keep their documents in their central archives
- Newspapers, books, websites and other publication heritage are stored by the National Library
- Tradition and memoir materials are stored by the Finnish Literature Society
- Films, radio and television programmes and related material are stored by the National Audiovisual Archive
- The word archive of Finnish dialects is stored by the Institute for the Languages of Finland
- Urho Kekkonen’s archive is the only archive of the Finnish presidents that is not stored by the National Archives. It is stored by the Archives of President Urho Kekkonen.